Last night I made beef stew for dinner. I got home late and it was a wet and cold night from the heavy rain the whole evening, which is perfect for a hot comforting meal like this. This is my version of beef stew, super easy and yummy (well, I think so!). Some friends asked for the recipe and I decided to share here. Enjoy!
Qahina’s beef stew.
500g beef tenderloin, cubed
3 tablespoons olive oil
Blender (10 shallots, 5 garlic and 2 cm ginger into paste)
2 red onions, cut into four
2 white boiling potatoes, cut into four
2 cloves garlic
2 carrots, diced big sized
2 stalks celery, chopped
2 red tomatoes, cut into four
5 cups water
2 teaspoon black pepper
3 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon garam masala (Indian spice mix)
1/4 cup cornstarch (rough amount, to thicken)
1. Shake up salt, pepper and beef in a plastic bag and leave to marinate for 30 mins.
2. Brown beef with olive oil. Keep the oil together with beef to be poured into pot.
3. Saute the paste, add garam masala and black pepper, then add the browned beef plus its oil.
4. Add onions, potatoes, tomatoes, celery and carrots into crock pot.
5. Stir everything well and wait for 3 mins.
6. Add water and simmer on low for 1 hour.
7. Turn off crock pot then add in cornstarch that has been mixed in a bit of cold water in another bowl.
8. Stir constantly while boil for one more minute before serve.
9. Serve with bread or rice.