I can’t remember the last time I had a good sleep. Juggling between family, work and house chores can really deprive you from rest and if I don’t priorities I would be swamped even beyond 1 am! I believe sleep is the ultimate luxury for working moms. People can say go get some rest but once you’re home there’s a million errands to keep awake for. The only way to get enough rest is to pick your chores and stop feeling guilty about not being perfect enough, right? *wink
The definition of good sleep is a minimum of 6 hours and maximum of 9. Best is 7.5 hours. The following are some tips that might help.
- Don’t drink caffeine 12 hours prior to sleep time. It stays that long in your system. Switch to decaf or other drinks after 2 pm.
- Aim for a minimum of 6 hour-sleep and stay consistent with your target.
- Get the right pillow for your sleeping position. If you sleep on your back, get a thinner pillow. If you sleep on your side, choose a thicker one. Replace your pillow after 18 months.
- Don’t get on the computer or watch TV when you can’t sleep. Do something boring like count backwards or read a book just to distract your brain.
- Have a cup of warm milk, preferably with almonds.
These 5 easy steps should aid me in getting better sleep. After all, consistent and satisfying sleep is vital in delaying the aging process! If you can’t sleep well everyday, get Mr Husband/nanny/mom to help take over and allow you enough time for some power nap ya? Happy sleeping!